2. We have way too much crap. Like, even more than I previously thought. Seriously,
Our yard was full of stuff but it was just the tip of the iceberg.
3. I really think it would take less effort to get used to the idea of giving/throwing stuff away than trying to make any of our money back. We had everything out in our yard for about 6 hours and got rid of maybe one plastic shopping bag’s worth of stuff.
We made $33…
At last I can retire from this life of crime!
4. People don’t enjoy rummaging in full sun at lunchtime.
5. I’m definitely getting better at letting go of things. I dragged out my jewellery box that I’ve barely opened in the last six years and only took a handful of precious things back into the house. It felt pretty good to divest myself of all that sentimental baggage (not that much of it actually sold).
6. I wish I lived somewhere cooler. It’s only the middle of Spring and the heat and humidity yesterday was fucking disgusting (if you’ll excuse my language). Not looking forward to Summer one bit!!
7. I need to sit down and refine my current goals even more. I’m finding myself so overwhelmed by everything again after this very disappointing weekend. Time to hit the books for inspiration, break everything down into even smaller, more specific steps and re-jig my priorities in the lead-up to the end of the year.
Ooh yes! Bonus lesson: homemade lemonade is easy and delicious. Will definitely be making more of that this summer!